Independent Instructor as part time job. How to earn?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Leon

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,
After 10 year absence from diving I am looking to go back to active diving, joining a PADI IDC and do instruction next to my full time job.
I am in the Netherlands, in a place where I could probably arrange CW dives easily. My intention is to then bring students over to a nice place (Egypt/Canary Islands/Antilles) to finish to OW dives there.

Are there any of you doing similar stuff? Is it feasible? I would like to include cost of my travel in the course and market it as ‘get out of bad weather’ and ‘adventurous way of getting your OWD’ or something.

cheers for any feedback and tips!

It certainly can be done. You will be limiting your market for teaching CW, though. I think you'll find that many potential clients don't want, or can't, take vacations on the trip dates you have set. On the other hand, it may give you a nice niche for people who can. If you always travel to the same destination for the OW part, it will be easier to target people making such searches in Google. Interesting project! All the best!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom