Incorrect Temperature Measurement - Wisdom 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jomaxro

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I purchased a new Wisdom 3 dive computer a few weeks ago, and thus far have done 5 dives with it. I noticed that the temperature measurement seemed a bit high, so I checked my buddy's computer, as well as the DM - and all of their computers measured the temperature 5-10 degrees colder than mine.

Does this indicate an issue with the computer? Can a setting be adjusted to fix this? Has anyone encountered this before?

I have a number of Oceanic Veo 250's. They all read different temperatures. The lowest and the highest are about 5 degrees apart. Cheap temperature sensors are just not that good.

It has to be recalibrated at the factory. The temperature is separate from the dive function and the sensor is inside the housing which doesn’t help with the reading.

I have a new sherwood wisdom 3 and a subgear xp10 (as backup). I've noticed the same problem, i.e. the temperature on my wisdom 3 reading is constantly 5-7 degrees higher than my xp10. I believe it's an error, coz I know the dive was cold. Were you able to find a solution to this?

+ 5 degrees doesn't matter much until you hit the low 40's - then its bragging rights time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom