Incedent on the Columbia River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wasnt on any of the dives so I cant tell you for sure how close they were (seinor divers took these) but the guys who were told me that on friday when they found the back half of the boat they were dropped "right on top of it". and yesterday they had two sites the first one was in ten feet from them, and the second was twenty-five feet down river. They were going to try to hit both sites in one dive but 5 ropes and wind on the surface made for a tangled mess and they coulndt get enough slack in the search line to conduct the search. Gene later reposistioned the target and they were again within feet of the victim. Probably could have been inches if not for the wind.

Originaly posted by Gary D.
It's our department that is spearheading the group of ten counties. Our team will run the system and travel with it.
I think our county is one of the Ten Sure would be nice to have access to a SS when we need one! My fingers are crossed!

Gregoire:
I wasnt on any of the dives so I cant tell you for sure how close they were (seinor divers took these) but the guys who were told me that on friday when they found the back half of the boat they were dropped "right on top of it". and yesterday they had two sites the first one was in ten feet from them, and the second was twenty-five feet down river. They were going to try to hit both sites in one dive but 5 ropes and wind on the surface made for a tangled mess and they coulndt get enough slack in the search line to conduct the search. Gene later reposistioned the target and they were again within feet of the victim. Probably could have been inches if not for the wind.

I think our county is one of the Ten Sure would be nice to have access to a SS when we need one! My fingers are crossed!

Gene and Sandy just left our house headed back for Priest Lake. They were home for a whole 3 days between searches.

This area is just way to busy for only having access to one SS. One just can't get all the jobs done.

Gary D.

We are lucky to have a pair of people like that in our area who so willingly give of their time to help us in our efforts, but I would have to aggree this area and all of it's bodies of water is just to busy for one SS. I'm sure the Ralstons wouldn't mind a little time home every now and then too :)

Gregoire:
We are lucky to have a pair of people like that in our area who so willingly give of their time to help us in our efforts, but I would have to aggree this area and all of it's bodies of water is just to busy for one SS. I'm sure the Ralstons wouldn't mind a little time home every now and then too :)
Gene and Sandy are being a very big help in getting us on line. We still have a long way to go and I wish the elections were over so things would speed up.

You guys are diving in a hot tub. You have warmer temps at 90' than we have at 40' this time of the year.

Quite an interesting search and find. Sounds like those guys should be in the running for the Darwin Award.

Gary D.

Gregoire:
That SS sure works slick they had no problems finding our target, they found the back half of the boat yesterday and the front half today. We also found both of the missing victims. glad to be done with this today.

How did the boat end up in two pieces?

Chuck Tribolet:
How did the boat end up in two pieces?

At first we thought it was an explosion, but i think the Idea is now that they were cruising at about 50m.p.h and put their nose under a wave, an the fiberglass hull combined with the weight of the 454 chevy on the back just couldn't take the stress...snap but its all spec as there were no real eye witneses.

Yes Gary I do belive they are the newest Darwin canidates. How many times do people need to be told that a life jacket means just that, LIFE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom