In-Water Photographer of the Year - Competition based on a minimalist approach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

effortdee

New
Reaction score
I have seen a big push with this discipline of photography recently having joined it myself 3 years ago after doing a freediving course and buying my first underwater camera set up. And because of this I have started
www.inwaterphotographeroftheyear.com

More and more action cameras, even smart phones are being released to purchase, all great entry points for the budding in water photographer. Even compacts and micro 4/3 now come with incredible features and specs and are all more than good enough to get some world beating photos.
So, what is it?
Well, it's pretty simple, and that's what I love about this type of photography. It's just you, a waterproof camera and any body of open water. No need for tanks, no need for dive plans (although knowing what you want to photograph definately helps!) just keep it simple. It's aimed at:

• Surf photographers
  • Freedivers
  • Snorkelers
  • Wave photographers
  • Swimmers
  • Spearfishers
  • Surfers, bodyboarders, kayakers, (anyone in the water at the time or on the water).
  • scuba divers who want to just jump in, free of tanks and all that gear.
  • Pool photographers (Mostly doing fashion)
  • Marine biologists taking photos and videos of marine life on the surface
  • Many more people and water sports enthusiasts
I hope you join in with the competition, it has been priced cheaper than any other (as far as i'm aware of) photographer of the year awards and some of the proceeds go towards Sea Shepherd Conservation and I'm currently trying to work out more sponsors and bigger prizes for every category[2] in the competition.

Back
Top Bottom