In Toby this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've only had the suits to 25 ft at 65° for 30 mins on 2 consecutive dives during our PPB class. I found I was overheating a tad at that temp/depth, and flushed the suit through the neck a bit a couple times. this was without gloves. As an aside, we are starting our AOW course tonight, and have a the deep dive scheduled for Sunday in Wiarton. It's supposed to be chilly as well, so we'll see how we fair soon enough.

Dave, you will be fine. Nothing to worry about.
I dove near Wiarton last week, at Cedar Hill. Water temp. was 50F at 60 ft. That's what I call warm.
Buddy did 2 dives in a wetsuit with no hood and he was quite comfortable.
If you're worried about your wife getting chilled, bring a thermos of hot water, and pour it into her suit prior to the dive.
Remember, your suits will compress more on the deeper dives, resulting in a slight loss of buoyancy.

Dave, you will be fine. Nothing to worry about.
I dove near Wiarton last week, at Cedar Hill. Water temp. was 50F at 60 ft. That's what I call warm.
Buddy did 2 dives in a wetsuit with no hood and he was quite comfortable.
If you're worried about your wife getting chilled, bring a thermos of hot water, and pour it into her suit prior to the dive.
Remember, your suits will compress more on the deeper dives, resulting in a slight loss of buoyancy.
turns out its cedar hill we're diving so.this is very helpful info. thank you

Bring warm water, not hot water.
when I tried this, I could make a coffee with the water in the thermos after the dive :rofl3:

Ran into Stoo today.

Fortunately, my injuries were minor.

Sorry we didn't linger too long... Becky was set on ice-cream. :)

Fortunately, my injuries were minor.

Sorry we didn't linger too long... Becky was set on ice-cream. :)

We were on a lunch break between charters and I had to go analyze tanks anyway. :D

You’re gonna freeze your arse off on deeper stuff.

They'll be fine. The nice thing with Tob in August and September is that there is generally a significant thermocline at 20' or so, and another nice one around 70'. Most dives that are deeper are short, and the time below the 70' temperature dip is usually pretty short, with lots of time to warm up on the way back up.

We dove the Niagara on Saturday and it was 39° below about 40', but there was a howling wind from the south which blows the warmer surface water out of town temporarily.

hello again! we survived the dive at Cedar Hill. water was 42° at 80ish feet and we were actually quite warm in the neoteks with step in vests layered on. it was far more pleasant than we were expecting. thanks everyone for the encouragement, we are now AOW certified.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom