In the water again last night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
When I say we are active I mean it.

Another one went swimming last night.

This was in the outlet from Frenan Lake (how long has it been sense I mentioned that lake?) into Coeur d'Alene Lake.

This skinny version of "Lurch", who remembers him?, drives his Toyota Land Cruser through the bushes and drives right into the lake looking for a fishing hole.

Seems a buddy told him to move the barricades blocking the road and drive about half a mile to the water and the fishing would be good.

Idiot Lurch moves the barricades then proceeds to, NOT WATCH THE ROAD, but watch his odometer. The grass is shoulder high so he can't see much. So he's doing about 15-mph blind when he hits the rocks and rolls over twice into the lake.

The half a mile is only 400 feet.

He is trapped but isn't in danger of drowning. But he was in danger of me killing him. Get me in a gas and oil filled PROTECTED WET LAND at 0130 with a total idiot and I make "Grumpy Old Men" look like the "Brady Bunch".

Her is the sat pic.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=11&x=1296&y=13198&z=11&w=1
Fernan Lake is on the right. The outlet goes under I-90 to a small pound. It then goes under the other road into a larger pond next to the golf course. Lurch went in at the very bottom of that pond.

If you zoom out you can see the relationship to town.

Gary D.

ps: My car is starting to smell like a fish market. No time to get anything totally dry.

pss: The first drowning we had this year was just to the right of the upside down "7" dock. That is the boat ramp and public dock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom