In Sharm, first time, Dec 24 - Jan5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

modustollens

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just booked some tickets to Sharm... Never been there before but know it is famous. My wife will come but she is not going to dive.

I read through lots of threads about it on the site here. Also looked at the PADI dive shop locator.

There is certainly no shortage of companies.

I am trying to decide on a company to dive with. Anyway, trying to come up with a short list.

Anyone on the board here in Sharm now, or working at one of the shops there?

Any advice will be welcomed.

Thanks,

MT

I find Camel dive a very reliable and safe outfit, used them off and on since 1998. They will pick you up at your hotel and bring you back, no problem. The Camel hotel is also very good (so is the bar!) and reasonably priced.

Bear in mind the water (and air) temp will be at its "coldest"...

Hope you enjoy the diving! For your wife, there is still surprisingly good snorkeling around Ras um Sid and Ras Kati...

Best,

RA

Thanks fellows. I added Camel dive to my map - that name pops up a lot.
I am looking forward to see the Thistlegorm though...

I am sure the cold won't bother me - where I am right now it is -31 C; so, Sharm will be about 50 degrees C warmer than where I am now :wink:.

I am trying to decide on a company to dive with. Anyway, trying to come up with a short list.

We were just in Sharm this October, and had a great time with Ocean College. I’d definitely put them on your short list. Looks like their website might be down temporarily, but they’re still available by FaceBook. We had a group of about 10 with varied experience levels, and everyone was happy with the dives.

Some of the dive centers there are very focused on Discover SCUBA experiences, so be cautious if you’re looking to do anything other than that at some of the hotel dive centers.

Have fun!

Lance

Some of the dive centers there are very focused on Discover SCUBA experiences, so be cautious if you’re looking to do anything other than that at some of the hotel dive centers.
Lance

Thanks for the tip - I certainly keep that in mind - I would not want to be limited by that.

Back
Top Bottom