In search of Mobile covid testing service "Cozumel"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJCBS

Live to dive! Dive to live!
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am searching for a mobile covid testing service in Cozumel. There is going to be 13 of us at one time. Let me know if any of you know of something. Just trying to avoid the clown car trip attempting to go somewhere to do it. Thanks in advance.

I am searching for a mobile covid testing service in Cozumel. There is going to be 13 of us at one time. Let me know if any of you know of something. Just trying to avoid the clown car trip attempting to go somewhere to do it. Thanks in advance.
In a thread a while back I and at least one other person recommended Victoria (Vicky) at LACLICSA She can come to you after her work hours at the lab and then process tests the next day at the lab. Excellent English and very reliable. I doubt they are the cheapest on the island though. Test prices have been falling (think LACLICSA are around -650-700 pesos each now, but I am sure you can find cheaper if you walk in somewhere. Vicky works on tips (you pay the test fee plus some tip to Vicky ).

See what other people post. If you want her phone number (WhatsApp works best if you have it ), send me a PM.

I'd be willing to bet that your hotel front desk can set it up for you. Ours did when we were there in April-May. The service came to the hotel and swabbed us and they emailed our results to the hotel. The hotel printed them and had them ready for us the next day when we came in from our morning dives. Easy peasy. The total cost was ~US$30 each and 5 minutes of vacation time.

I'd be willing to bet that your hotel front desk can set it up for you. Ours did when we were there in April-May. The service came to the hotel and swabbed us and they emailed our results to the hotel. The hotel printed them and had them ready for us the next day when we came in from our morning dives. Easy peasy. The total cost was ~US$30 each and 5 minutes of vacation time.
Same

We used Dr. Juan Arellano from Costa Med. they sent out a lab tech to our condo. Was $40 p/p. We only had 4 of us though, not 13! 😄

We used Marko to come to our home. You can schedule it from their web page MARKO TEST<>ZONE. There is a cozumel tab and click the US or Mex flags for language. I used a direct whatsapp number and you can PM me for it if preferred. We paid a bit more than $40 (paid in Pesos) for the home visit. Their location visit is $690 mxn for antigen.
Your hotel should be able to also get someone for you but I suspect they will have their own "partner" and price unless you specify one yourself.

Your hotel should be able to also get someone for you but I suspect they will have their own "partner" and price unless you specify one yourself.
That's what we did and there was no downside; it cost us ~US$30 p/p and 5 minutes of vacation time. If you search for a lab yourself you might save a few bucks, but for me it would be down in the noise. In organizing a Cozumel vacation I have plenty of other stuff to deal with; I was happy to let the hotel handle it.

How about the spit guy. He seems popular.

We have used their service twice, in May & August, it was easy to book over WhatsApp, they came to our hotel on our schedule to test both of us, did a simple throat swab which took about 5 minutes, and emailed our results within 3-4 hours, which were uploaded to United with no issues, we printed the results but did not need them. We'll be using them again in December, super easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom