In Search of Dive Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dagger675

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am new to the board as I am just getting back into diving. I am leaving in a few weeks for the tropics and would like to do some night diving but I am short some decent lights. If you have a something laying around that you would part with then please let me know. I would prefer a UK light,but would consider others.

thanks!

My personal preference is the mini-c from ikelite. I got one when I first started diving in '88 and used it on my night dives all the time. Technology has certainly changed and I admit I haven't tried anything like LED lights... mostly because I know what I like and the mini-c works for me. The other lights I have used aren't made anymore but I did have a UK light that was also very good.

I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions about newer lights.

Ken

UK lights are bulletproof. I have a few C4s and a C8. I would reckon the LED ones are just as good but are easier on batteries.
Good Luck
O

I am new to the board as I am just getting back into diving. I am leaving in a few weeks for the tropics and would like to do some night diving but I am short some decent lights. If you have a something laying around that you would part with then please let me know. I would prefer a UK light,but would consider others.

thanks!

You can't go wrong with the UK lights. I would suggest going with an LED light.

Something like the SL4 eLED would be fine for night diving in the tropics.

Underwater Kinetics Sunlight SL4 eLED Dive Light from LeisurePro.com

If you feel you need more light or a broader beam then you might want to consider the C8 eLED Plus

Underwater Kinetics Sunlight "C8 eLED Plus" Dive Light with Pistol Grip from LeisurePro.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom