In need of ear equalizing help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,
I am new to this forum, but found it as a last ditch effort to safe my dive life. I am a 33 year old female who would rather dive than pretty much anything else. My husband and I booked a dream vacation to Tahiti on the Paul Gauguin for November and I will dive as much as humanly possible. My problem is my stupid ears. I have had issues with equalizing and have tried a lot of techniques, and things to help this, however, last August I experienced my second reverse block along with pain I would liken to giving birth through my ear, and dizziness that made me sick through my reg. (sorry). As I sit here a few months away from my trip and nursing a sinus infection I am panicked about my trip. I don't do "no" well, and get really pissed when my ears don't work the way they are supposed to. What I need is all of your advice on how to combat this issue. I won't do the Affrin again as I think this may have worked against me. But please bring on the advice, dive plugs, nasal steroids, drill to the head, anything to make this vacation a success. I need a win here people this thing cost me big and the son of my childhood hero will be diving with us some so I really don't want to miss out. Thank you in advance for any help you can give. Also if you have done the PG thing please feel free to tell me what "not to miss" while in Tahiti/Cook islands.
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom