In need of Dive Weights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T. Brooks

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking at the dark void that is this forum I have a feeling there is no luck to be had here, but I'm going to try anyway.

I am in need of some dive weights. I am looking for 5 lb blocks for my integrated BCD. At $3.99 / lb in a local dive shop I am really hoping to find something a little cheaper here.

If anyone has some weights or suggestions on how to get weight for less than $3.99 / lb, please let me know.

Thanks much.

Tony

Only $3.99 / lb, beleive me that is a decent price, I walke in last week and they were posted @$5.99, unless someone is giving them to you free and is local, I do beleive the shipping will seriously HURT the price offset.

Ebay... $1.70 per pound if you order at least 25 lbs. We ordered some weight from the same seller and got them fast.

Ebay Weights

Oh and did I mention free shipping? Cant be beat IMO.

Edit: Heh, didnt realize right away that you're in Canada. Sorry!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info BMR. I'll look into it. Being in Canada usually adds shipping charges though. In the end I gave up, bought some old tire weights and molds and made my own weights. A much cheaper way to go.

I made the weights myself. I went to a gun shop, bought the led pellets, made a form, weighted the pellets to get the weight I needed, melted them and poured into a form, cooled it down. I made different weights from 2 to 5 lb. It was little bit of work with it, but this way was much cheaper then I could buy it form anywhere. And like you said shipping to Canada is not free and that was my problem too.

I have an awesome assortment of weight from various garage sales and flea markets over the years.... I know you need them now, but start hoarding now, you never know when you might need them!:dork2:

While shipping from the US to Canada isn't free, it isn't necessarily that much more than shipping inside the US.

For about $20, you can ship a "flat-rate box" via USPS/CanadaPost full of up to 18#'s of whatever. If you still need this lead, let me know and I'll see what the local price is and let you know what it would take to ship it. I have a feeling it's no more than $2-3 per pound to purchase... probably cheaper if you're OK with Walmart special brand. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom