in HD2 video mode: down button =zoom AND still shot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RyanNM

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The manual states that in video mode press the down button to zoom; and it also says the down button in video mode is used to take a still shot while recording video. How does it do one or the other? thanks

If you are talking about the Intova SP II then you can only use the zoom while in still camera mode. The zoom does not work in video mode.

Actually, Tony, on my maiden voyage with it in the pool yesterday it did zoom in and out as I was videoing (yes, the Intova Sport HD II). (Shooting in 720p- zoom function is inoperable in 1080p.)
But I still don't know how to take a still pic while the video is rolling. I thought that was supposed to be possible.
thanks, Tony

Last edited:
Ryan,
I will have to go back and read it again. Since you posted that, I do seem to remember the 1080 and 740 difference. Sorry for the wrong info.

---------- Post added June 8th, 2014 at 04:09 PM ----------

Ryan, I just figured it out. Power on and go into video mode. Press shutter button to start video. You will see a small camera icon just above the OK botton. Press it and it takes the picture. The picture can be viewed by changing to camera mode and the picture will be under it's file. I never used this before due to either shooting everything in video and during edit I will take stills from the video. While in and resolution other than 1080...yes the zoom out and in works. If the lens is already zoomed out all the way then the zoom out button with turn off the display in order to save battery life. That's for getting me back into the book on this.

Thanks so much for your info, Tony. I think it's going to take lots of trial-and-error- but that's ok, part of the process.
So the manual is wrong when it says take a still pic in video mode with the down button, but rather it's the OK button?
And how are the stills when you take them from your video (1080, I presume)? What editing program do you use? Is it expensive? I'm hoping the iVideo on my Mac will work.
thanks!

It is not expensive at all. I use Real Player first and then Reveal Muvee to edit the video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom