In Cozumel for Hurricane Emily

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sherald

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
We were there from July 15th to the 22nd. We had a wonderful time despite Emily. The staff at the Case Del Mar were wonderful and very helpful. I can't say enough good things about them. They made sure we stayed safe during the hurricane and did everything they could to make us comfortable afterwards. We dove with Roberta's Eco Divers on Saturday before Emily and Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afterwards. This was our first dive trip to Coz. After Emily there was a lot of sand on everything underwater but the visibility was better then we have seen (Dallas/Fort Worth area). The worst viz was at Columbia Pinnacles on Thursday, it was still at least 50 feet most of the time. Sergio and Juan were great dive masters and we were with a small group each time. The hurricane devastation on vegitation was massive. The clean up afterwards was amazing. I did not hear power tools, just chopping machetes. We had a great time. I would also like to mention that that Worry Free offered to come get us before the hurrican and early afterwards if we did not want to complete our stay. While we were there Carla Salazar of Deportes Acuaticos was very helpful and gave us a ride to town because she saw us looking confused.

Sherald

sherald,
wecome to this board.
thank you for your trip report.
i'm taking the family to casa del mar 8/8/05.
i'm glad to read in your report all the good things you experienced.
i was a little nervous about the damage that emily did.
we are looking forward to this trip.
regards,

Smokey,

My wife and I will be at Casa Del Mar the 6th thru the 13th. We will see you there!

We are diving with Christi the entire week.

See you soon.

Ron in SoCal

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom