In and around Savannah, GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any good diving locations? Will be there the end of January.

undr h20,
I'm a DM for the diving locker/ski chalet, and unfortunately there's not much for diving here aside from diving for Meg teeth in the savannah river and surrounding areas. There are a few guys that do that professionally in the area as well as in the cooper river in S.C. There are some fantastic areas to spearfish between 40-80 miles offshore if you have access to a boat/crew. Those sort of dives are completely dependent upon the weather and tide as to whether or not they are even options for the day. There are a few options that are nearby (45-90 min.), St. Mary's has a few boat operations as does Jacksonville. The only problem I've encountered with those dive operations are they tend to shut down in the October-November timeframe for the year. That is until about March-April timeframe. If you are in fact in Knoxville, on your way in you could try the quarry in white, GA outside of Atlanta. Dive Georgia Quarry ? Dive Georgia - Atlanta Metro Scuba, Snorkel, Travel, and Training!
I have never been here myself but it may be worth a shot for you. Aside from that, our trips are usually to Ginnie springs, blue grotto, west palm, and key largo for certifications and leisure trips. I hope this has helped you and if you have any questions just shoot me a pm or open forum message.

-Rich

---------- Post added November 25th, 2014 at 02:07 PM ----------

UNDR H2O,
You could also check out Lake Thurmond that is couple of hours NW of here. Here is a link to the dive site map: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93752&d=1304108750

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom