Improved Glide Harness Adapter Intro and giveaway.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cool_hardware52

Contributor
Reaction score
The elves are always tinkering at DSS. Here is the most recent result, an improved Glide Harness Adapter.

On the left is Version 1 On the right is the new Version II

2ghas.JPG

Here is our first attempt at a YouTube Video. Hopefully they will get better :)

[video=youtube;97nOJs0N5TA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97nOJs0N5TA[/video]

The Title did say "GiveAway" Here are the rules:

5 are Up for Grabs. The first 5 DeepSeaSupply Stainless Steel plate owners to PM me here with:

Name and address &

A picture of their DSS Stainless Steel Plate

Please indicate if you are using DSS weight plates as these require optional fasteners.

Tobin

Video says currently unavailable. Can you explain the premise of the new design.m

You have video troubles, and so do I (my gear is in storage for winter).....

Love to see it in action. Looking to possibly go from a DR Transplate harness on my DSS Plate to something like this.....

Looks nice Tobin. Pm'd you for a chance.

Love DSS.

You guys are awesome as usual!

Just a couple reminders;

1) The Glide Harness adapter is *NOT* intended to be used in pairs, i.e. one on the right and one on the left. Not only is this completely unnecessary, but with both sides able to slide freely it's possible the tank(s) and plate will not be secure.

One side slides and lets one arm in or out of the harness. The other side is fixed and keeps your backplate and tanks secure.

2) These bolt up to DSS plates only. No other back plates will have the necessary mounting holes. Drilling "F" size (.257") holes in ~1/8" thick stainless is not trivial.

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom