Impressed with the Seac Regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt. Pete

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Having just returned from a repair seminar @ DEMA hosted by Seac I have to admit that I was very impressed with the attention to detail and reliability the regulator engineer offered. No talk of cutting costs on production, the focus was solely on building a safe & reliable regulator. Confirmed my decision to bring this regulator line into my shop.

Are they coming out of ODS or Tabata or are they manufacturing in house? They're going to have to get a 5port turret out soon if they want to get the sidemount guys on board though.

Glad to see the Italians getting back in the game, loving my Rofos suit, and will be interested in seeing some of the SEAC stuff in person.

Having just returned from a repair seminar @ DEMA hosted by Seac I have to admit that I was very impressed with the attention to detail and reliability the regulator engineer offered. No talk of cutting costs on production, the focus was solely on building a safe & reliable regulator. Confirmed my decision to bring this regulator line into my shop.

What makes them any different than other high quality regulators offered under so many other brand names? What reliability data were you provided on these and any other regulators?

How do you get any safer and more reliable than something like a Scubapro Mk2 and a 109?

Tbone, I have not visited their production facility but I am under the impression from their presentation at the beginning of the repair seminar that they produced their own regs in house. I do not believe that they have a 5 port 1st stage with a turret but they do have a new sidemount regulator set.

AWAP, I do not dive on, work on or sell Scubapro and have not been to any of their repair seminars. I have however used plenty of regs over the last 26 years of diving as well have worked on numerous brands for the last 15 years. I have used both the Seac MX100 & MX200 regulators and was impressed with their performance. After having used their regs and heard what the head of their regulator department had to say, I left impressed. Added bonus, my customers that have purchased their regs are happy. My impressions, take it for what it's worth.

The SEAC DX 200 measured at an astounding .79 on the ANSTI machine at a depth of 165 feet (500 psi and 25 BPR) with a miniscule .14 cracking effort. It is the best, most naturally breathing regulator on the market. Ultra-high performance, balanced diaphragm first stage is paired with a light weight, balanced second stage. These regulators are designed, engineered and manufactured "in house"

AWAP, I do not dive on, work on or sell Scubapro and have not been to any of their repair seminars. I have however used plenty of regs over the last 26 years of diving as well have worked on numerous brands for the last 15 years. I have used both the Seac MX100 & MX200 regulators and was impressed with their performance. After having used their regs and heard what the head of their regulator department had to say, I left impressed. Added bonus, my customers that have purchased their regs are happy. My impressions, take it for what it's worth.

Do you believe the Seac regulators have better performance than Aqualung regulators?

---------- Post added December 1st, 2014 at 03:29 PM ----------

The SEAC DX 200 measured at an astounding .79 on the ANSTI machine at a depth of 165 feet (500 psi and 25 BPR) with a miniscule .14 cracking effort. It is the best, most naturally breathing regulator on the market. Ultra-high performance, balanced diaphragm first stage is paired with a light weight, balanced second stage. These regulators are designed, engineered and manufactured "in house"

Do you have a link to the complete report?

YES, I do believe that it breathes better. I've used both.

No, I do not have a link to the results. Here are copies of the actual results.
SEAC_USA__DX200_01..jpgSEAC_USA__DX200_02..jpg

Last edited:
Awap,

Work on, dive on and sell Aqua Lung. Like them just as much.

I used AquaLung Legends for years. Still have them and use them as stage regs. My new DX200s breathe as good if not better than the Legends and I'm now using them as my primary regs. I did the repair seminar last year and was really impressed with the things SEAC is doing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom