import old dives to Shearwater Cloud

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello, is there a way to add my old dives to the Shearwater Cloud? I use subsurface or divinglog both programs produce UDDF 2.0 files but the cloud wants UDDF 3.2 files. Can you help me?

By old dives, I assume you mean dives not done with a Shearwater, right? If so, then I don't believe it's possible, unless it's been added in a very recent update. Shearwater Cloud would only be able to display logs originally generated by a Shearwater computer.

Non-Shearwater computer dives can’t be imported to Shearwater Cloud. If you want ALL your dives in one place you have to use third party software. I like MacDive for iOS/Mac.

You can import the following file formats into shearwater cloud.

Use .db exported from subsurface

1658931796839.png

That’s interesting, but how well does it show up?

I've only ever exported from shearwater desktop to subsurface

If fields don't match, I would edit the .db file in excel to match what I want to be displayed in shearwater - then import the excel-edited file into shearwater

It may sound complicated but it really isn't

Ich habe meine alten Tauchgänge mit einem anderen Computer bei Subsurface und bei Diving Log gemacht, möchte aber, dass sie in der Sturmtaucherwolke sind, um vollständig zu sein. Untergrund- und Tauchprotokolle können keine *db-Datei exportieren. Tut mir leid, ich habe nur grundlegende Computerkenntnisse.

I've only ever exported from shearwater desktop to subsurface

If fields don't match, I would edit the .db file in excel to match what I want to be displayed in shearwater - then import the excel-edited file into shearwater

It may sound complicated but it really isn't
Thanks. I may give that a shot. I've got all my dives in Subsurface, but only dives done with my Shearwater since late 2019 in Shearwater Cloud. Some of the earlier dives are done with no computer, some with an Oceanic. I believe I tried back when I first got my Perdix, but it didn't work, or I couldn't see how to make it work.

You can import the following file formats into shearwater cloud.

Use .db exported from subsurface

View attachment 735311
I just tried it. I didn’t use the .db, instead I used the .uddf format.

Overall, it worked. Some quirks though. My weight and tank size are wrong. Looks pretty much like they got converted to metric and posted as such. They are all there, though. May try as a .db to see if that fixes the issue.

I have tried to import one uddf file but i get an error that the Microsoft browser can't be loaded.
Also export isn't working anymore. You can export all dives to .db but there is no output in the folder.

So i stop for now because it's not working. Think I am going to reinstall the software.....

MiC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom