Import from Mares Quad (BLE)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReinhardtS

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been searching for a few days now, and I can't seem to find a straight answer, or someone who has figured it out.

I have a Mares Quad computer, with a BLE dongle (Bluelink). I'm trying to get my diving data into any other software than the SSI digital log (which I'm not a fan of). But I can't seem to find any other software that's Mac compatible, or Android with a proper export option.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Subsurface sounds like it would work.

Mac compatible. I've been using it on my Macbook for years. It also has iOS and Android apps. I've only used the iOS version, but it's pretty seamless. Most often, I download from my computer to the Subsurface app on my phone. It syncs with a copy on the cloud, and will be available on desktop version, or another mobile app signed in using the same credentials. You can also export the data (at least from the desktop version) to use in

MacDive is another one that people like.

Subsurface is free, MacDive has a cost. User interface is the main pro for MacDive that you typically see. I've never had a problem with Subsurface UI.

So I'm a bit of an idiot for not mentioning the steps already taken. Subsurface unfortunately doesn't work. Keep getting errors with the BLE connection, apparently a known issue with the Mares device. I now tested Macdive and it seems to work, but I'll have to buy it, just for imports, as it looks like I don't want to use it for actual logging. I want to use Garmin or Subsurface for that.

Does anyone know what sort of info Macdive exports? For example, only bottom time or also time in and time out, etc? I'm happy to pay the 15 bucks if it gets me all the data the Quad records, then at least I have a working system.

Kind of a late reply, but I'm using subsurface for android and mac, with a mares smart air and a bluelink adapter, which should be the same as the quad (even subsurface shows my smart air as a quad because they're the same under the hood).
I'm downloading the dives from the dive computer to my android via bluetooth though. The desktop version indeed has issues with the bluelink. But from the phone I sync with the integrated cloud sync, and then with a click I have the dives in my mac after syncing with the cloud.

What problems are you having with the bluelink?

My problems is that I have to always remove Bluetooth device and re-add it back to my computer for it to synch after a few months of non-usage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom