Imperial Turtle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PurpleRonald

Registered
Reaction score
Every now and then I'll try to find it on the net...but no luck. Maybe I've got the brand name wrong...but I can remember many many many moons ago in the early 70's wanting as a 13 yr.old to buy someday an 'Imperial Turtle' regulator? They had the neatest ads. in old Skin Diver Mags. The reg was square-shaped with the emblem of the Turtle on it; it was supposed to be a really decent reg. too....but they went out of business or got bought out. The reg came in a neat felt-lined presentation box. Their ads. often featured a smirking goofy fellow wearing a crown and a wet suit sitting on a throne surrounded by bikini-clad goddesses... Imperial Turtle.

PurpleRonald:
Every now and then I'll try to find it on the net...but no luck. Maybe I've got the brand name wrong...but I can remember many many many moons ago in the early 70's wanting as a 13 yr.old to buy someday an 'Imperial Turtle' regulator? They had the neatest ads. in old Skin Diver Mags. The reg was square-shaped with the emblem of the Turtle on it; it was supposed to be a really decent reg. too....but they went out of business or got bought out. The reg came in a neat felt-lined presentation box. Their ads. often featured a smirking goofy fellow wearing a crown and a wet suit sitting on a throne surrounded by bikini-clad goddesses... Imperial Turtle.
Aloha Purple
They do exsist, I have a second stage, you know the square one with the turtle on it.
I do know one guy that has a complete reg. But finding one takes a long time on e-bay.
Do you really want one? I might be able to help.
Aloha
Turtleguy

Hey guys,
I have a full set of Imperial regs (1st/2nd/pressure guage) that I received from my dad after he gave up diving (health issues). They are wickedly smooth and easy to breath. I got these with a full ATPAC (w/ G.E. Monahan logo). I don't use these right now, however they are in perfect shape. SORRY I currently have no plans to sell, but I am interested in how much they are worth to collectors (for insurance purposes), I would appreciate any help.

Where did you find the photo?? Do you know who took over or how/why they weny out of business?

The regulator is part of my collection. I have over 100 types of regs posted on my web site. I know very little about Imperial. I know they were around from about 1970 to 1982. This is my best guess.
www.photosbelowh2o.com

Back
Top Bottom