Immigration Changes in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have only seen the local popo. Napping in the car.....

Good duty if you can get it, right?
After the state police came to town a few years back (in spite of the Mayors wishes) and then ALMO sent the National guard under a vague set of orders concerning Covid (?), I was wondering if one of the organisations was looking for a purpose to justify their existence

Now that my new friend from South Africa (Chief met her) is approaching the end of her 15 day stay in Cozumel this weekend, now we hear that she could have flown to Colorado instead if she'd waited until after the first. Oh well, her daughter's whole family is spending Christmas with her in Cozumel as they flew in to join her. Now if they can get Covid tests on Sunday. I suggested the International hospital.

We saw what looked to be a police checkpoint by the marina today. A few orange cones a police car and no people manning the checkpoint. I have see that a few times north and south of town. I have never seen any one getting stopped. We do keep our residency card and local drivers license with us. I doubt we would ever carry around our passport.
The checkpoint by the marina is mainly watching for drunk drivers. Immigration was often there too during summer / fall.

or take the Ave 65 bypass
No, obviously you weren't down that road today. Stick to things you know.

Back
Top Bottom