Immersed Imaging at San Miguel and Santa Cruz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bvanant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Last weekend a large group of underwater photographers joined Ken Kolowitz (Channel Island Diving) on the Conception for a photo trip. About 20 of us joined Ken for a photo workshop run by Todd Winner and Mike Ziegler of Immersed Imaging. We dove San Miguel/Prince Island and Santa Cruz. The conditions were conducive to a strong macro focus since vis was in the 20 foot range at best. Despite the cool 53 degree water we all had a great time and Todd and Zig helped everyone get some great images. The photographers on board ranged from very experienced (meaning us old guys) to beginners and all of us got great help from Todd and Zig. Saturday night there was a photo presentation where some great images were shown with explicit tips on how those great images were shot. Todd and Zig were also very helpful in image review/critique and made lots of suggestions on how to improve our images.

Overall it was a great trip and we can highly recommend both Ken and Immersed Imaging if you want to dive the Channel Islands and improve your photography at the same time.

Bill

Thanks for the nice report Bill and thank you for all the help & tips you also gave to everyone. Helping others is what it is all about and this trip had plenty of people like Zig & Todd helping and giving some excellent tips. I know I am sure happy to have went away with some images that I am proud of.

By the looks of the survey results it appears this will have been the first of other trips to come but we will have to wait till next year when I can fit more into the already busy Channel Islands Dive Adventures schedule.

Thanks for the nice report Bill and thank you for all the help & tips you also gave to everyone. Helping others is what it is all about and this trip had plenty of people like Zig & Todd helping and giving some excellent tips. I know I am sure happy to have went away with some images that I am proud of.

By the looks of the survey results it appears this will have been the first of other trips to come but we will have to wait till next year when I can fit more into the already busy Channel Islands Dive Adventures schedule.

We're really looking forward to the next adventure, Ken!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom