images from Palau

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris Bangs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I uploaded a few shots from a recent trip to Palau. not all that good as they are a bit dark due to the very nasty weather, high winds, rain, surge. all the fun stuff photographers love.

anyway, the "copy link" thingy is gone from the gallery therefore I have no clue as how to include the thumbnails in this post. please go to my gallery and sort by "posted date/desending" and the new shots will be on the first page

all the best from Guam, sucking up Volcanic ash while sitting through earthquakes. good time for a typhoon!

woo hoo,

Chris

When were you there? We went in late Jan of last year and the weather was absolutely great.

Looks good to me! As an amatuer I'd like to know what gear your using, settings etc.

As usual bellissime!!!
I love the close up with the dolphin. Lucky you. The closest I saw them under water was about 30 meters.

Love the turtle....thanks!

RiverRat:
Looks good to me! As an amatuer I'd like to know what gear your using, settings etc.
Here ya go

All shot using a Fuji S2, Nikon 12-24 mm zoom, (sharks 24 mm) (turtle and dolphin - 12 mm ) in a Aquatica housing

Dolphin - natural light,
others dual Nikonos SB 104 ( manual 1/4 )

ISO setting asa 200

Dolphin - shutter Priority mode 1/250

Others Aperture Priority mode f 8/11

Chris Bangs:
Here ya go

All shot using a Fuji S2, Nikon 12-24 mm zoom, (sharks 24 mm) (turtle and dolphin - 12 mm ) in a Aquatica housing

Dolphin - natural light,
others dual Nikonos SB 104 ( manual 1/4 )

ISO setting asa 200

Dolphin - shutter Priority mode 1/250

Others Aperture Priority mode f 8/11

Thanks! Yeah I liked the turtle too, the way you got the shell detail in there.

RiverRat:
Thanks! Yeah I liked the turtle too, the way you got the shell detail in there.

I posted two turtles, one with a remora and a second pne with a spade fish above it. which one are you referring to.

Chris

Otter:
When were you there? We went in late Jan of last year and the weather was absolutely great.

I was there Jan 16 ~24. You experianced the normal goods weather. But in the western Pacific it can always change. what happened is that a small typhoon that passed near guam brought the unusal weather to palau

Chris Bangs:
I posted two turtles, one with a remora and a second pne with a spade fish above it. which one are you referring to.

Chris

The one with the spade fish I suppose, hummmm, so that's a spade fish. I'm still learning my fishes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom