Image issues from RAW to JPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ardy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Whilst working on my images the RAW looks ok but after I do some edits I get a mixture of these results. Do any of you know what causes it?
1718586574108.jpeg

What software are you using? I see this once in a great while, with a corrupted file
Bill

Thanks Bill, I will email it to you. I got about 5 of these after working up from the RAW files. I use irfanview to quickly work on the basics, crop, sharpness, Contrast and Gamma adjustment if needed. I have noticed that one of those files was pretty underexposed which might be an issue.
I can re-work the RAW file and get a different outcome but struggle to understand the result as the image looks ok until I save it.

What is your camera? If it's a newer model your software may not support that file type yet. Be sure to update your software and check if it on the supported list. Notably, some of the new Nikon Z models include a default "High Efficiency" RAW format that some apps could not deal with properly.

I used a Oly EM1 mk2 and I have had this issue with my previous EM5 mk 2. Irfanview is up to date and the Oly is on latest version. Could be Irfanview but it is such a handy piece of software compared to Lightroom and PhotoShop and I have both of those.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom