I'm taking the plunge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Becoming an instructor or specifically RR? For the adaptive instructor, I'd suggest also training with DDI or similar for hands on training. DDI has their own certification, but they are set up to support other agencies open water programs. There's an IT in Sarasota.

As for other adaptive I need to stay with VA approved agencies but I'll look into it.

I can't speak for RR. I believe that they teach IDCs neutrally buoyant and trim (that was missed in my IDC). I wish there was more coverage of identifying panic. I'm a strong proponent of ensuring student comfort. Never say "You'll be fine." Student concerns are always legitimate and need to be addressed. I describe my approach in the first link of my signature. Communication and establishing rapport with students is important to optimize learning. Stressed students simply do not learn as well. That's a rough answer.

As for other adaptive I need to stay with VA approved agencies but I'll look into it.
Fair enough. The on hands training I found to be very helpful. Definitely worth it, even if you have no interest in teaching through DDI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom