I'm now in possession of 2 Mk10/D400's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about simply to distinguish from your primary and secondary (octopus) stages?

SeaRat

Scubapro sold stickers in blue, pink and red. I think it was mostly to allow some choice for male and female buyers.

But I see only a very few with either pink or red stickers, so apparently blue was either a lot more popular or people just did not want to bother replacing the factory installed blue one with the optional pink and red ones.

Otherwise, there is no difference whatsoever.

Thanks. For some reason I was thinking it had something to do with the generation, that blue was the more recent. Prolly confused it with something else I'd read.

The D300 had a solid blue dive/pre-dive switch while the D350 and D400 used numbers to denote the model.

D350's, early D400's, and D400's upgraded/converted from D350's tend to have purge covers with lines across them rather than the later D400 cover with a pattern of raised elongated ovals.

OK, these are older ones. Both have lines running across. Not that I'm concerned, just curious. They're both going to George for complete servicing before I dive them anyway.

He also put an older Air2 in the box, this one has red buttons. My daughter won a Scubapro BC without any sort of power inflator on it, so I'll have this serviced & put on that to solve that problem.

Actually I prefer the older ones as they had the older one piece aspirator body with the chrome plated brass orifice. In my opinion the metal orifice is sharper and can be tuned for a lower minimum inhalation effort than the newer aspirator body using a replaceable plastic orifice. The change was made around 1996 I think.

The downside of course is that if you ever damage the orifice, you have to replace the entire aspirator body. Also the only replacements available are the new ones, so you'll end up with what amounts to a later production D400.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom