I'm mad at Dive-aholic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
It's his fault that I'm going to have to find an heir for the Borg avatar.

Rob was kind enough to take me and Peter out this afternoon for a taste of sidemount diving. I was using Rob's wife's Nomad and LP95s. I think this was the same setup I swam around in for ten minutes three years ago, but I think it's adjusted quite differently now, because the thing that I didn't like at all from before -- tanks that wallowed around in quite different directions than I did -- wasn't present this time at all.

In fact, this time . . . well, all I can say is WOW. I have never, ever, ever felt so stable in the water. No matter what I did (or didn't do) or what position I assumed, I was just . . . there. And I could SEE in front of me! I swam on my back, on my side, swam uphill and downhill, swam backwards and did spins. It was all easy in a way that doubles have never felt easy. Of course, I had some buoyancy oops moments, trying to find the inflator and the little knob on the dump, but that's just unfamiliarity with the gear. Overall, I was just utterly and simply thrilled.

I have been saying for a while that sidemount was in my future, because my knees don't like carrying doubles up and down hills. Well, I'm afraid the future is much closer than I thought it was.

Kathydee, want a cupcake?

HaHaHa!!!! Welcome to the Marianna SM Association LOL... Nobody in their right mind would wear BM stuff after diving SM. It took Edd almost 2 years to get me to try it. 20 minutes with him and I was sold.

Much easier Scott. And you have so many options.

<snicker>

Scott when I first tried it I was trim from the start. It helps to have someone like Rob or Edd helping you.

I've watched Rob SM dive from the Spree. The only thing I reserve judgment on is for more than 2 tanks. He dove his 104's with 80 deco here, and I thought it was uncomfortable looking to have to reach around one cylinder to get to the other. I'll have to try it in the lagoon to see how I like it.

I thought the same thing too Frank. But when your horizontal and in trim reaching back isn't an issue. I use 130s and find it easy to do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom