i'm looking at buying,trading in, for a mares abiss, any thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abman

Contributor
Reaction score
after hearing about the dacor trade in program, i'm considering trading in my old dacor pacer 900 (i bought it back in 79, it was my 1st reg.) i'm currentley diving with a ledgend L X ,and a zeagle flathead IV. i'm looking for another back up/ primary reg. any thoughts comments on the abiss ? i will only dive with a h.p. reg. anything else is like kissing your sister, it may be ok, but it just ain't right!!!!!!!!!! i don't want just ok i demand right!!!! thanks, ken

i would that old dacor is worthless because parts are no longet being produced, so when the LDS run out them parts, it becomes a paperweight because it cant be serviced any more

The Abyss is an excellent reg.
As good if not better than any top of the line reg of other companies.

Although the abyss is not a bad reg, I think that you will not like it as much as your Flathead, and definetely not as much as your legend.

rescuediver009:
Although the abyss is not a bad reg, I think that you will not like it as much as your Flathead, and definetely not as much as your legend.
i do really like both my flathead and my LX. i figured that for the price of 299.00 plus the trade in of my old 26 yr.old pacer that it was a deicient deal. i couldn't get another flathead or LX for anything near that. my old pacer still hadn't missed a lick, and it kinda hurt's to think about parting with the old thing but, parts are getting hard to come by. iv'e checked out the archives regarding the abiss, it seems that the divers that have used it seems to be pretty happy with it for the most part. it will be mainly my spare, back up reg. when i'm diving a single tank i use my LX for my primary and my flathead for my necklace, off of my pony bottle. when i'm diving doubles, it's still the same set-up. LX primary and flathead necklace. thanks for the responces, ken

Just out of curiousity...did you search archives searching for Mares Abiss? Or Mares Abyss. It is the latter in case you need some more info on the reg.

I actually had an Abyss for a few weeks but couldn't get rid of a hissing sound. I switched to the Mares Proton Ice and am 2x happier with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom