I'm getting better all the time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

desiredbard

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm getting there
The quality of my pictures is improving due to a combination of technique boyancy patience and adobe photoshop (I dont have a red filter)

My latest adition some nice nudi's in Malaysia, frog and lionfish closeups, Big fat moray and a green turtle.

http://www.de-ridder.info/photos Under Diving thrn Malaysia 06

Is there anybody whho would know if I can put anchors in a flash file, and if , how?

You've got some nice photos. But handling a puffer until it puffs is just not cool and taking photos of it just encourages the DM's to do it again for the tourists. :shakehead

Do it again for the tourist was my case as well. If I would have known beforehand?

I know and I had a big argument with that with my guide afterwards.
Not as an excuse but he was the one that made it puff and handed it over.
At the time all i thought nice photo, only heard back on the boat what the consequences for the fish can be.

For a group that dives in a protected area I have my doubts with them anyway. One of us ran a tat low on air and we dicided to dive on a bit. DM let his alternate dangle loose over the coral. Now I ask you? That was at least obvious a hazard enough to make me signal him.

I'm a stick my head in kind of diver. I also have picture of the colon of a moray eel but it was a bit dark (yes the ****er bit my housing) and wear gloves to not damage any life . On the westcoast you need to push an affectionate dogfish aside for a good shot ocasionally and I only touch with gloves.

The DM claimed he did not know, but that is indeed little excuse to me too, but what can you do afterwards? He should have known better, I know better now. However the photo is there and having never seen a puffer in that state before I was impressed and happy with the photo.

Despite the subject, it's a great photo!

Maybe if enough people tell the DM's and dive ops in that part of the world that it's not something we want to see they'll quit doing it. Next time, lower you camera and shake your finger at them! :D

Dee you warned me and regretfully you were right....
A shame cause I hoped to inform some other new divers of consequences instead of getting lectures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom