I'm Done

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the well wishes and sorry about the cup/cuff thing but at this point who cares. Thats funny about having my son do these things because normally I do that,but sometimes you feel bad about asking him to do things so you just do them your self. I am an outdoors person and that is why I am getting the operation. I cant wait to start diving again!!!! It sucks getting old! Keith

Next time, realize what "the son" is best used for. Make him your own personal DM.
Absolutely. Kids old enough to dive = tank sherpas for "aged" parents.

Technique and planning are important as well as it will reduce the actual lifiting required and place the majority of the weight on the skeletal structure not the muscles and joints. At 44 that matters as I am not in quite (ok, ok, not nearly) the same physical condition I was in at age 23 in OCS.

But on the other hand at age 23 I would have been impressed by anyone carrying around 130-140 pounds of doubles, plate, can light reels, etc. climibing in and out of rocky sinks with it on and then adding stage and deco bottles to go diving. I do it all the time and don't think twice about it - mostly because my 40 year old girlfriend does it too.

Next time, realize what "the son" is best used for. Make him your own personal DM.

for this situation DM means Dad's Mule

Poor kid! He's really going to be a mule while I'm in a sling. Up to now I have been using my arm a little. :shakehead:

Hopefully done only temporarily!

After your surgery, you'll be the 6 million dollar man!

with a little rehab, i'm sure you'll be good to go.

CTB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom