I'm certified and goin to San Carlos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deskjockey

Registered
Reaction score
I got certified this weekend and had planned a vacation to San Carlos anyway. I'll be going the last week of June and I plan on doing some diving. I plan on going with Ocean Sports or Gary's Dive Shop unless someone on this board has a reason I shouldn't. I'm leaning towards Ocean Sports because a poster on these boards who was a new diver had a very good experience on the Ocean Spirit. I plan on visiting the wrecks and Seal Island, and am looking for more recommendations. I was also told that Taquilas and Rosas had good food. We are also looking for seafood ideas and some place with home cookin using local flavors. Inexpensive would be nice but this is vacation after all so I don't expect real cheap. Oh, we already have a place to stay so I don't need any info on that. Thanks, DJ

I would recommend Surface Time. They are located in the same building as Tequilla's restaurant, just off the marina. They have a nice shop and good rental gear if you need it.

The best part is they don't run a cattle boat like the others. It's very likely that your group will have the boat to yourself! They will take you where you want to go (weather permitting).

You can get more info at www.surfacetime.com

Tequilla's and Rosa's are both good. I normally do Rosa's for breakfast. There are also some nice restaurants in Guaymas if you want to go that far.

I'll give them a call and check 'em out. I'm the only diver in the group so the group will be small indeed. We plan to do a little sightseeing so Guyamas is definitely on the schedule. We'd appreciate recommendations for there too. We'll have a car so we may venture as far as Hermosillo. Thanks for the tip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom