I'll be in New Orleans the last week of March, can / should I try to dive there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fatgreta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
As the title says, I'm wondering if it is a good idea to try to get a day of diving in. I have my advanced underwater cert, but I'm lucky dive once a year on vacations. Is there commercial / recreational diving out of New Orleans? Is the diving any good last week in March? If so, can anyone recommend a good place to call to try to set one up?

Thanks for any feedback / advice,

Chris

No diving in New Orleans. The Mississippi mucks up the ocean around there. The closest I found was Pensacola - it was worth the drive

You can dive South of Louisiana, but it's probably not worth your trouble as it's a toss-up at best this time of year condition-wise, and you're probably looking at an all day jaunt for a 2 or 3 tank dive.

Drive to Pensacola or stay put and go to GW Fins, Galatoire's, K-Paul's or Root, and get some world-class grub.

Back
Top Bottom