ikelite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zaf88

Contributor
Reaction score
i used my ikelite video housing this weekend and it is really nice. i had two problems, 1- i forgot to set the focus to infinity so the camera periodically focused on drops of h20 on the nes. 2- i could barley see the lcd screen( i have the mirror mounted on the side of the unit). what can i do to see the screen better? i was thinking of painting the housing black, but then i wouldnt be able to see where the knobs line up. so then i was thinking that i could paint the housing black and paint white stripes on the knobs and the units accordingly. then i could just line up the stripes and i would know the orientation of the knobs. any feed back would be appreciated asd i am hesitant to paint this $800 piece of eq. black.

I have several things by Ikelite and have pretty much sworn to myself that anything in the UW photo world I need I will buy from them if they make it because my experiences with their products and service have been fanatastic. That's not to say that things have always gone smoothly, but they have always dealt with issues very commendably. In fact, between my various pieces of equipment, I think it was about 2 or 3 years before I paid one cent for something to be fixed or paid for any shipping to have issues remedied.

I mention that because I would start by sending Ike an email. That's what I did with my first issue and it couldn't have been handled better or more promptly. He has tons of advice and ideas on questions I had and issues I faced - not sure if he himself answers all the inquiries these days, but they have always been helpful regardless.

I would be VERY careful about painting the housing. Many plastics react badly to ingredients in paint - especially spray paint - and you could severely compromise the integrity of the housing - a bad thing for obvious reasons.

I can't say I have any suggestions per se other than the warning about paint and dropping Ike a line. I haven't encountered that particular issue because all my cameras are eyepiece only units . . . no LCD screens.

One thing that might help is attaching something of a lo-stick nature (white artists tape ?) on the housing directly about the LCD screen to block glare if you haven't tried that. Just remember that adhesives MAY react with the plastic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom