Ikelite??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveaustin

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if their housing for a Sony video cam are worth the $800 plus price they are asking? How do they compare to others? Thanks.

First off, what camera are you trying to house?? Secondly, I would definitely look into another housing. There are many better options over Ikelite. Depending on the camera model, I would like at Light and Motion, Sea and Sea, or Top Dawg, which is technically made Light & Motion and is compatible with several Sony cams and is reasonably priced.

It will house a Sony DCR-TRV 330. What price range are the others you mentioned? Any links you can give me. How does the Ikelite compare with those you mentioned. Any details you can offer other than just that there are better options?

Thanks.

Good Times.

Anyone here today that can offer more info?:D

I’ve owned Ikelite housings, they are excellent, and they have one of the best reputations around.

If your looking for more information about housing, go to wetpixel.com

Marc

Ikelite housings seem (in my opinion) fairly reasonable for a very basic housing that will keep the camera dry (hopefully) and allow you to work it underwater. The problem I have with it is the manual controls which can be somewhat clunky and difficult to use (at least for the video camera I have, a JVC one). However the plus side is the price, compared to light and motion $800 for a case is very cheap!

So it really depends what you are looking for.

I’ve made my own housings for 14 years, I use the same type of mechanical controls, in that 14 years I have never had as much as a drop of water in any housing I’ve made.

Electronic controls due not have the same reputation for reliability.

Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom