Ikelite underwater housing 6038.55 for Sony CX580V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shasta_man

Contributor
Reaction score
For Sale: New Ikelite underwater video housing #6038.55 for $800 plus shipping cost to you.

This housing uses a Sony CX580V 1080p HD video camera. That camera is currently on sale at B&H Photo for $599, previously being $800. B&H Photo is a reputable place I've used many times.

This housing features one touch manual white balance which is ideal for capturing colors correctly for underwater video. No other housing in this price range features one button manual white balance, with the next available model being from Light and Motion costing $2,700 for the housing alone. I tested that the manual white balance button works. The housing has buttons for power and setting white balance to manual or auto. The housing has mechanical controls for recording, taking photos and zooming.

The underwater housing is new in the original packaging with all original parts including the manual, red filter, lanyard, O-ring and silicon lube.

Circumstances require I sell the housing. Retail price to purchase this housing is $1,100. After purchasing the camera separately, you can have underwater HD video for ~$1,400. This camera gives much better quality than a GoPro and is one of the higher end HD cameras from Sony, coming with 32 GB of embedded flash memory. It takes 20 MP stills.
Shipping cost is what it costs me to ship it to you.

P1010061.jpgP1010064.jpgP1010067.jpg

While the housing is still for sale, I expect to be away from Internet access from 7/3 - 7/13.

I am a motivated seller and want to sell this housing ASAP.

I am reducing the price to $750 total including shipping. I am a motivated seller. It is available immediately.

Hello Shasta_man.

I would be interested in purchasing this Ikelite housing from you. However, I live in Montreal (Canada).
Let me know if you can do this...
I believe the only extra step for you would be to fill out a 'Bill of Lading' at the Post Office.
I'm not in a hurry to get it, so it can be surface mail (a 10-day delivery time would be fine).
If this is possible, how would we do the actual transaction? (USPS COD looks good to me)
Here is a link that might help (scroll down to the middle of the page; https://www.usps.com/ship/insurance-and-extra-services.htm

By the way, I have friends who live in Redding (CA). I've been there several times.
We can see Mount Shasta from their backyard... What an amazing sight!

I hope this works out.

Here's my email: jacques_lalonde3@sympatico.ca
and my phone number: (514) 488-2762

Thanks for your time.

Jacques Lalonde

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I've decided to withdraw the item from sale. It is no longer for sale.

Very sorry, Jacques. Thank you very much for your interest. Things have changed to allow the housing to stay. Very sorry this did not work out.

Agreed that Mt Shasta is very awesome. Mountain. I personally love the lake, spending every second possible in its waters. Most relaxing tiresome vacation ever from enjoying the clear warm nights all night, then up early and in the lake due to the searing heat. What job? Love it.

Hello Shasta_man,

No problem... I understand that you would want to hold on to that.
I hope you put it to go use soon! (;-)

Please keep my email and phone number, just in case you change your mind in a bit...
Also, I have a friend in Chicago you could mail it to, which would make things easier for you.
He visits Montreal regularly, so he could bring it to me then.

Until then, enjoy the summer and all the other great destinations you discover.

Kind regards and keep on diving!

Jacques

Back
Top Bottom