Ikelite Strobe with PT-030 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wreckchick

Scubavangelist
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am not sure but I don't think so...from what I found that strobe I think would only work with that particular housing.....but I am probably wrong(I don't work for Ikelite)

I would recommend contacting them, they have great customer service and can let you know quick..

here is the link to the strobes,trays, and arms that for sure match up with the pt-30
http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/opt10dlx.html

hope it helps!

The strobe you are looking at is a "slave" with no adjustments.

If your camera is a pre-flash camera, you cannot use this strobe as it will fire on the pre-flash.

[edited: Bobf pointed out to me in a pm that the SP-350 does have a "slave flash" option in the flash menu. If you are housing this camera in the PT-030, then the substrobe could be used, but would still be a poor choice as the flash isn't adjustable.]

I'm trying NOT to spend $650 for a strobe just yet.

Oh well.

R

I think Yuzo has the Inons for around $450ish :wink: info@naturephoto.co.jp

Strobes are one area where it just isn't worth it to skimp. If I couldn't swing a good strobe, I'd simply learn to use my camera's internal flash to the best of my abilities and also take a wander through learning MWB while saving the dinero for the strobe.

Do a search for LarryC and SeaYoda in this area - they both used Sunpaks and you can get their impressions and decide for yourself if it's worth it or not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom