Wanted Ikelite Lens Port 5510.11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AggieDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am wanting to get a Tokina 10-17 for use with our Nikon D3200 in an Ikelite housing. I already have the dome, but just need the shorter lens extension. I already have a 5510.22. Ikelite has stopped making the 5510.11 and their "trade in" program to get in the dry lock system would require us to essentially replace our entire rig except lenses, since they no longer make a housing for the D3200. If anybody has a 5510.11 they are not using and would be willing to sell it, I would be very interested. Thanks!

Underwater Camera Stuff (uwcamerastuff.com) makes a port base/extension that will work in place of Ikelite's 5510.11. This port base/extension will work with Ikelite's 8" dome port as well as Underwater Camera Stuff's 5" dome port.

-AZTinman

Underwater Camera Stuff (uwcamerastuff.com) makes a port base/extension that will work in place of Ikelite's 5510.11. This port base/extension will work with Ikelite's 8" dome port as well as Underwater Camera Stuff's 5" dome port.

-AZTinman
On their webpage for that lens port, it says it won’t work with the Ikelite 8” dome due to the need for cutouts.

Yes, you are absolutely correct! Sorry about giving you inaccurate information. It's been a while since I visited their website. My recollection about the port base/extension was incorrect.

For what it's worth, if you can't find the Ikelite extension you want for the Tokina, it might be worth purchasing the 5" dome and extension offered by Underwater Camera Stuff. I often use their 5" dome with my Nikkor 10-24mm and get excellent results.

Also, the Ikelite 5510.11 requires a funky lock system to keep it on the housing. If you find a used one, make sure it includes the locking system.

-AZTinman

Back
Top Bottom