Ikelite Housing Plus Sea & Sea Strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can't say for sure. Ike may see this but why don't you email him to get the right answer? ikelite@ikelite.com

Ikelite housing already comes with tray/handle built in. You can get ULCS arm and an adapter for Ikelite handle to go with your Sea and Sea strobe. I am not sure if Ikelite make an adapter to attach Sea and Sea strobe to Ikelite arm or not.

ssra30:
You can get ULCS arm and an adapter for Ikelite handle to go with your Sea and Sea strobe. I am not sure if Ikelite make an adapter to attach Sea and Sea strobe to Ikelite arm or not.

I made some enquiries and it is way too expensive to adapt. So i'm going to get an ikelite strobe to go with it. Thanks for the guidance guys

verona:
I made some enquiries and it is way too expensive to adapt. So i'm going to get an ikelite strobe to go with it. Thanks for the guidance guys

Well good thing for you is since you have the 5050 and you going with the ikelite housing and strobe, if you have the new 5050 housing. You can take advantage of the TTL of your camera.

take a look at this link if you not seen it yet.

http://www.splashdowndivers.com/photo_gallery/underwater_photography/up_ikelite_olympus_ttl.htm

Jared

Hey, Jared. I have the older housing so I will need the strobe with sensor for TTL, I think. They tell me it works pretty well .... we'll see! Will keep you posted. Strobe should be arriving soon and I will be off on vacation next week and hopefully will try it out. Will post anything decent when I get back. here's hoping ........!!

I think that Ikelite is making or going to make a kit that retrofits the older housing. I am sure I read that somewhere.

I am willing to bet ike sees this post soon enough and jumps in and lets us know.

Jared

I talked to an Ikelite rep at the NJ Beneath the sea show last weekend and he said they will retrofit the older housing with the TTL Circuitry for $150.

Mike

scubaj:
I think that Ikelite is making or going to make a kit that retrofits the older housing. I am sure I read that somewhere.

I am willing to bet ike sees this post soon enough and jumps in and lets us know.

Jared

saltywater:
I talked to an Ikelite rep at the NJ Beneath the sea show last weekend and he said they will retrofit the older housing with the TTL Circuitry for $150.

Mike

thanks Mike thats the info I was trying to pass on to verona

Jared

Back
Top Bottom