Ikelite housing issues D800e

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tyguy35

New
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hey, I recently received a Ikelite housing with a 8 inch port and zoom ring. This will house my d800e and Nikon 16-35 f4. I put it together yesterday to make sure everything fits.

Unfortunately the zoom with did not fit with the lens. I can just return it and get the appropriate zoom gear.

second the mounting plate that attaches to the camera then to the housing is not snug and is extremely wobbly. I believe I fixed that with a spacer because it’s no longer wobbly.

Third the camera does not sit straight it tilts the camera to the right. Originally it was extremely off to the right but now with the spacer tightening the plate it’s only off maybe half a cm.

4th the button that controls the ev pushes on its own sometimes and won’t allow me to switch aperture or control my screen when it does activist itself.

If anyone has had these issues and have fixed them please help me out. I am leaving on my honeymoon In feb and we planned to learn this type of photography since my wife and I are regularly deep jungle photographers.

thank you.
Tyler

Return it to Ikelite. They have great customer service.

it was purchased in Canada by a dealer. I’m waiting on both them and Ikelite to return my call. I would need it back by February otherwise I want my money back.

Ikelite is very progressive with their support. Write up a description of the problems, your info, you timeline for travel, and mail the whole thing to Ikelite. You don't need to call first either. They will fix it up and get it back to you in time.

O
Ikelite is very progressive with their support. Write up a description of the problems, your info, you timeline for travel, and mail the whole thing to Ikelite. You don't need to call first either. They will fix it up and get it back to you in time.
Ok thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom