Ikelite housing dealer in Vancouver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isistius

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone recommend an Ikelite dealer in the Greater Vancouver Area that sells a variety of underwater housings, including higher end SLR housings and strobes, and has reasonable prices and good product knowledge (preferably they would be seriously into underwater photography)? Thanks in advance.

I just bought a camera and u/w housing for diving, but I mail ordered it through Henry's in Toronto. :wink: Excellent prices and great customer service.

If you're hellbent on buying local, maybe try checking out Leo's on Granville. I'm not sure how u/w savvy they are, but some of the guys there are very serious and knowledgeable about photography in general.

Please let us know what you find out.

Not in Vancouver but you could try Union Bay dive and Kayak. I found mine on Ebay but he offered me a good price for a new one. Just find the model number you need and ask him for the cost to order it in for you.

Union Bay Dive & Kayak

Can anyone recommend an Ikelite dealer in the Greater Vancouver Area that sells a variety of underwater housings, including higher end SLR housings and strobes, and has reasonable prices and good product knowledge (preferably they would be seriously into underwater photography)? Thanks in advance.

Is North Vancouver close enough?

The Edge Diving Centre
Edge Diving Centre

I happened to be on msn with the owner when reading this thread ...

I asked if they carry all the high-end stuff too, his response: "yeah, I can bring in anything. No one keeps that kind of stuff on hand. There are just too many models"

Ask for Mike - He's an ex Vancouver Aquarium staff, knows fish better then anyone and loves the photos. The photos on the front page of the website are all done by Mike. He also teached UW Photography

Hope this helps,
Scott

Thanks for the info guys.

Annasea, what did you end up buying? Does Henry's sell Ikelite? It didn't come up on their web site (henrys.com). Henry's is great though, have bought stuff from there in the past and they're good about matching prices.

Deepdiverbc, what housing did you buy? I'm curious in general about what others have gone with. I'm debating a Canon G9 (with the knowledge that a new version of this may be coming soon) in the Ikelite housing or buying a housing for my 20D (plus a macro lens), and paired with a single (to start) DS-51 or DS-125 strobe (big price difference!).

The Edge sounds good, esp if I can get a hold of this Mike fellow. It's less important that they have it in stock than that there's someone there who knows their stuff and can recommend a set-up that works for me. I'll look into it there.

I'm using an Olympus C5050. You won't find one of these for sale new anymore.

The ikelite housing is great but for my camera it needs a strobe, otherwise the lense port creates a shadow when using the internal flash.

Ikelite dealers in Vancouver:

B C Dive & Kayak Adventures, Inc.
1695 West 4th Ave
Vancouver, B.C. V6J 1L9
Phone: 604-732-1344
Fax #: 604-732-1373
URL: BC Dive and Kayak Adventures

Kocher's Diving Locker
2745 West 4th Avenue
Vancouver, B.C., V6K 1P9
Phone: 604-736-2681
Fax #: 604-736-2320

IDC Diving Centre Ltd.
2572 Arbutus Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6J 3Y2
Phone: 604-736-2541
Fax #: 604-736-2506
e-mail: diveidc@msn.com
URL: International Diving Centre

There's also a list of all their Canadian dealers, including some in other parts of B.C. here: Ikelite Dealers - Canada

Hey Scott-- funny enough, from looking at the Edge web site I just realized I know Mike, he worked at the aquarium with an ex-girlfriend of mine. He introduced me to BC diving several years ago! Small world. I'll drop him a line.

cheers
Ben

Hey Scott-- funny enough, from looking at the Edge web site I just realized I know Mike, he worked at the aquarium with an ex-girlfriend of mine. He introduced me to BC diving several years ago! Small world. I'll drop him a line.

cheers
Ben

That's pretty cool.

He's there quite a bit, so you shouldn't have too much trouble running in to him :)

Everyone at the shop is great, but Mike has the most Photo experience by far

Happy shopping. I hope you find what you need,
Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom