Ikelite DS125 Reliability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RGist:
Are the Ikelite DS125 strobes reliable?
very -

I would take a look at the Inon 240 strobes. Much smaller and lighter, just about the same power and they use 4 AA batteries so you do not need the monster chargers for the Ike 125's.

The Inons use the std. Sea & Sea nikon style sync cords that are a bit more reliable than the Ike cords.

I've owned both INON and Ike strobes and they are both excellent. I use primarily the Ike DS-125s these days, and they've been banged up quite a bit over 100s of dives, but are still working as well as they were when I first got them.

How often do you need to replace the rechargeable battery on the D125? Mine is not quite a year old and I haven't noticed any deterioration at all. Just curious.

kidsdream:
I would take a look at the Inon 240 strobes. Much smaller and lighter, just about the same power and they use 4 AA batteries so you do not need the monster chargers for the Ike 125's.

The Inons use the std. Sea & Sea nikon style sync cords that are a bit more reliable than the Ike cords.

I was looking at the INON Z240 strobes. The specs looked great. The only problem is that I am using a Light and Motion housing and I do not think it is compatible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom