Ikelite DS-125 with DX8000G - Does it work?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nunomix

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I went to check the Ikelite housing for my Canon EOS350D and I found it very big. My concern is to how practical will be to use it while on vacations?

So I thought about buying the Ikelite housing + DS125 strobe and additionally get the SEA&SEA DX-8000G as a smaller set.

Now my idea would be to use the SEA&SEA DX-8000 with the DS-125 strobe. But I dont know if this is possible. can it be done? Can I connect the cable to use this strobe with this camera?

Additionally, can I connect the SEA&SEA Arm VI (I had it already) with the Ikelite DS-125 strobe?

Does this make sense at all?

Thank you

Regards,

Nuno

I'm not positive, but I think the only way to use the DS125 with the 8000G is to use the strobe as a slave to the internal flash. IIRC, the Sea & Sea uses IR to trigger the external strobe.

As long as the Sea Arm uses 1" or 1.25" balls, it should be possible to mount the DS125.

I have a 350D and plan on getting the Ikelite housing soon, though my first dive with it will probably not be until March. I see your point about it being a lot to take on vacation, I supppose its personal preference whether you think it is too much hassle to bring the 350D.

Hi SharkbaitDan,

Thanks for your answer. I dont mind in fact of having some more work to take my 350D. My main problem is whether it will be always feasible to take such a big camera using many times small scuba centers with not a lot of conditions for UW photography.

Having a small one for such cases would be great. Now the question poses whether having two cameras makes any sense..

Regards,

Nuno

sharkbaitDAN:
I'm not positive, but I think the only way to use the DS125 with the 8000G is to use the strobe as a slave to the internal flash. IIRC, the Sea & Sea uses IR to trigger the external strobe.

As long as the Sea Arm uses 1" or 1.25" balls, it should be possible to mount the DS125.

I have a 350D and plan on getting the Ikelite housing soon, though my first dive with it will probably not be until March. I see your point about it being a lot to take on vacation, I supppose its personal preference whether you think it is too much hassle to bring the 350D.

Back
Top Bottom