Suggestion Ignore list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
cornfed

cornfed

Mindless lemming
Reaction score
Could you add an option to the drop down menu you get from click on someone's user name? One of the choices is to add them to you buddy list. It would be helpful if you could also add them to your ignore list this way.

It would be really nice if instead of saying "Add 'user' to you ignore list" the menu said, "*PLOINK*". :D

careful, drew, or the dropdown will say 'add cornfed to ignore list' no matter who you are trying to add...

Also, if someone on your ignore list replies to a thread you've subscribed to you will recieve a notification email and that email will contain a copy of their message. This may be a part of the board software which you can't change but would it be possible to stop this too?

You have it right... it is part of the package, and we are reticent to modify it overly much. It just makes upgrading a lot dicier. We did that early on in the Board's history, only to find us chasing our tails with every update. Hopefully this will be a part of the overall upgrade coming down the pike.

NetDoc:
You have it right... it is part of the package, and we are reticent to modify it overly much. It just makes upgrading a lot dicier. We did that early on in the Board's history, only to find us chasing our tails with every update. Hopefully this will be a part of the overall upgrade coming down the pike.
Would it be too much to add it to the drop down menu?

I understand what you're saying about the email notification. I'm locked into an old version of the photo gallery software I use on my website because of some hacks I did. To be honest, I asked out of frustration (the first notificaiton I got was from the person I just added to my ignore list). Have you suggested the changes to vBulletin? The suggestion would carry more weight if it came from someone running a large board instead of a user.

I am starting to love the ignore list :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom