If you owned the dive charter.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crabby cappy

Registered
Reaction score
Heres the question?

If you owned a party or charter boat how would you run it ?

What would your policies be ?

What would you change about boats that you dive on ? This is not ment as a place to rant about a boat and they did something you did not like. Dont promote your fav boat here.

What do you really like about the boats that you dive with ?

What would stop you from diving with a charter ?
reputation?
appearence?
time?
ease of loading?
guides or led trips or do you like doing your own thing?
parking issues and space on the boat?

I have my most enjoyable boat dives from boats with ample room to sit and don the gear with fins on. Also ease of entry and more importantly - exit (I mean anyone can fall into the water, but getting out when wet and heavy with gear is tough. Bin clearly labeled for camera storage is nice too.
Nice touches are water and snacks available on the boat during surface interval as well as a friendly crew willing to help on board as well as in the water.
Best times on vacation dives were when they had enough DMs to allow for divers to surface early while others that were more conservative on air to stay down and enjoy some more complex diving (swim-thrus and the such)
Boat must be safe for crew and passengers - should go without saying...
Parking close to the loading area is nice or carts available to shuttle gear is nice.
Storage area for bags and dry gear is nice to clear the area when divers are moving about at the dive sites.
Especially nice when there is an elevated platform for non-divers to relax when divers are moving about at the dive sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom