If you could dive anywhere in the Caribbean where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

irie1029

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Looking to go diving for 2 weeks end of March (been to aruba and curacao and love it) BUT if you could dive anywhere for 2 weeks where would you go and why?

Thanks in advance!

Looking to go diving for 2 weeks end of March (been to aruba and curacao and love it) BUT if you could dive anywhere for 2 weeks where would you go and why?

Thanks in advance!

Since you posted this in the Caribbean section, I am guessing that is your area of interest. I would go to either Belize or Roatan for a 2 week trip..... do 3-4 days of land-based Mayan ruins tours at either place, then the rest of the time diving.

We just returned from CCV resort on Roatan and loved it, but wished we had longer and a few days to hit Copan over on the mainland. We have also been talking about a nice 2week trip to Belize for the same type of thing - the mainland is covered with Mayan ruins, jungle tours, zipline trips, tubing thru caves, etc., but the best diving is the Belize outer atolls. So either one of those places appeal to me for a 2 week trip in Caribbean. Another option would be a week on Cozumel diving, then a week on the mainland doing the cenotes and touring the Mayan ruins there a few days.

We have also discussed a 2 week trip to Hawaii - a week on Maui diving or on the Kona Aggressor diving, then a week doing some land-based stuff. Hawaii isn't a cheap place to visit though so it has kept this on our "someday" list.

robin:D

I would consider either Belize, Provo (Turks and Caicos) or a liveaboard in the BVI (e.g., Cuan Law).

If you want to take many dives at your own pace. Bonaire by far is the best. Jump in the truck and go at your will. I love Cayman with walls and the great corals on the north side, but meeting a boat at their time gets old. Cuan Law is a great vacation, but typically 3 dives a day.

Bonaire, Cozumel, Cayman....2 weeks would be just about right on any of them

I haven't been, but I'm researching Belize and there are so many different areas there that you could easily spend two weeks. My perfect two in March would start in the south for four days with a whale shark trip; move out to the atolls for another 5-6 and then spend 4-5 days around Ambergris Caye. Now why would I go there? It's relatively inexpensive compared to the rest of the Caribbean, the diving is varied, and there is plenty to do if I wanted to take a day off and do something else, like visiting ruins, taking a jungle hike or river tubing.

Let us know what you decide!

Gwen

Thanks for all the replies I put in my Trade request for VI Provo Caymen and Belize. I never thought about a liveaboard... Cuan Law looks awesome. I will do more research thinking on that but it seems like I might go stir crazy?

I love the BVIs, but if I could go anywhere else I would go to either Martinique (supposed to have excellent wreck diving, that I'd like to see) or to the ABC islands (that is where the instructors from my LDS go when they want a diving holiday!).

Back
Top Bottom