If you booked a trip with AA Miles... Check out the latest Miles Cost.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepsea21

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We booked our December trip with AA miles in February of this year because we thought the cost of travel would skyrocket.. And it did. But the Delta variant has changed that over the past few weeks. If you booked with AA miles you can call them and cancel your reservation, have all miles and paid fees refunded without penalty, and book again. It takes about an hour for you to see your miles refunded. We just tacked on another week taking our stay to 3 weeks in December and we got better flights while our total AA miles charge for 2 dropped from 66,000 miles as previously booked to 51,000 miles or 25,500 miles each. Check your flights and check your options... You may find better flights now for fewer miles than you have currently booked.

Did the same - booked in Feb. for Nov/Dec trip.

In Feb. I didn't have enough miles for both wife and I so used 42,000 mi for me and she paid outright with a $125 voucher we had. Total for both - $443.56 for taxes and ticket.

This morning I would have the 60,000 miles (which I also had in Feb.) for both of us and paid $199.28 in taxes. 2nd legs of flight there and back would slightly change from original booking while first legs would be the same.. Not sure we'll change as we are traveling with friends and would need to coordinate the changes, but if just wife and I, seems like a no brainer. Good catch @deepsea21

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom