if you are scheduled on a United Flight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d56nut

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

Just got off the phone with United Airlines. I was very happy with their responses! We are scheduled to fly from Chicago to Cozumel on November 12th and return on November 19th (direct flights). According to United's website they are revising their ticket policies for flights scheduled through November 6th (no penalties for changing). This didn't help us much since we are scheduled for the 12th. We are staying at the Cozumel Palace and from the reports I've heard so far, there is no way that they will be able to accept guest by Nov. 12th. According to the United rep that I talked to...because this is an international flight there are no fees to change the flight! The only stipulation is that the flight you change to must be at least one dollar more than your original flight! I figured they were going to hit us with a bunch of fees to change the flights since we don't fall under the current ticket revisions for Cozumel.

So, things look good for changing our plans. We haven't done any cancelling yet as we we want to get official reports on the Cozumel Palace. I'm quite sure that the Palace will let us reschedule and I'm also certain that Christy / BlueXTSea will also let us reschedule. We will definitely be going to Cozumel as soon as they are ready for us!

Just thought you all might interested in the United Ticket Policy for flights after November 6th.

Michelle

FYI...

Trashed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Palace was trashed. All the rooms are ruined. All the furnishings in every room are smashed against the front wall including the double jacuzzis. I spent the hurricane in the laundry room there with the staff. The surge came through the lobby and wiped it clean of furniture and everything else. We had a great week there prior to the storm. Dont expect them to reopen for quite a while. The pool area was also badly damaged and the outdoor grill is completely gone.The manager said all reservations would be cncelled for at least ninety days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom