If I want to step up, which camera should I go for ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pitri

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Guys,
First time in Underwater Photography...
I'm using a Nikon 4300 with Fantasea CP-4 housing, Wide and Macro Lenses and an external flash (can't remember exactly the brand).
This is my first camera and I've been using it for 2 years now.
The time has come and I'm thinking of upgrading to something more professional without spending a fortune.
I'd be happy to hear some ideas.

Thanks

Howdy! Welcome to the Money Pit :)

I would start in the linked thread below - it has a pretty good starter list of systems that might meet your needs as you move along in your uw photography. In the list are also links to other threads with discussions and/or images from particular systems.

You also might want to have a bit of a read of the stickied DSLR thread...that may not be the way you want to go as it's some pretty serious cash, but there are some good comments in there that might help you choose a direction.

Once you have an idea of budget, let us know how often you dive and what you like to take photos of - all of those things can help us try to start pointing out potential choices for you.

I'm doing around 50 dives a year.
I don't have a particular subject of photographing since I like all of them. But, with a gun pressed to my head I would say macro and wideangle.
Regarding the budget, I thought something around 2000$.
I'm going to be in Hong Kong in a couple of weeks and I thought that its a good place to purchase what I need.

Macro and WA pretty much covers the spectrum :wink:

Did you find any in the list that might appeal?

With that budget I would get a good strobe and then use whatever was leftover for the camera, housing and add-on lenses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom