If I dive in Spiadan and Mabul, what things I should take care.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cheongkc

Reaction score
I have only 30 log dive experiences. If I dive in Spiadan and Mabul, what things I should take care.

Any down current there. Or whether the current is strong or not.

Sipadan diving is generally pretty easy. Some mild drift dive around Sipadan but current was never strong when I was there. Just keep an eye on your depth gauge as Sipadan is basically a big wall that drop straight down 600m-1000m so it is easy to keep going down when you see something interesting below. Diving around Mabul and Kapapai is generally shallow and very easy dive.

I agree. Diving at Sipadan is generally easy with good visibility. If you're going to take anything, take a good buddy and a camera. :wink: If you don't try to touch the sharks, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Mostly easy diving with mild or no current on Sipidan when I was there. The exception was Barracuda Point which had strong current 2 out of 3 dives, quite a fun ride if you are ready for it and aptly named with a large school of barracuda usually hanging around. If you don't want much current you could do that site at slack tide. I had some great nite dives on Mabul, several times came across pairs of what seemed to be large (16-18 cm) spanish dancer nudibranchs, very cool!

how many dive you will do each day when you go there.

I'm off to Mabul/Sipadan in November staying at SMART, and they do three boat dives a day (two at Sipadan & 1 at Mabul) and they also offer unlimited shore diving. If you stay on Mabul you will get more diving in than if you are on a day boat from the mainland.

Mel

Yes, Sipadan is not really known for strong current, except Barracuda Point. I've tried the Jetty Drop Off and it was great! So many things to see even at 5 meter deep. I lost count of how many turtles, LOL.

On Mabul, muck diving is great, when I was there, I really enjoyed my macro photography there.

Back
Top Bottom