Identifying Mares Regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timakempton

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, just acquired a set of Mares regs from a friend and I just wanted some help to identify them. I believe the First stage is an MR12 and the Blue Second Stage is a Navy but I am not sure on the red Second Stage. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. The First stage has a yoke plug that says Sherwood but I am pretty sure it's a MR12.

First 1.jpgFirst 2.jpgFirst 3.jpgNavy 1.jpgNavy 2.jpgNavy.jpgunknown 2.jpgunknown.jpg

The blue faced model is a Navy, with the other being a Beta. If you choose to rebuild them, make certain that you use two wrenches to remove the LP hose from the second stage. Not doing so can cause irreparable damage to the case. The first stage is a MR12.

Greg Barlow

Thanks Guys you have confirmed what I thought. I will get them rebuilt but I will leave the work to a friend that's a professional technician. He lives in another state so I just wanted to confirm exactly what I have first so he can order parts before I mail them to him. I intend to get him to convert them for Nitrox.

Tiny Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom