Identify brand of jetfin type

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jordi

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. I inherited an old pair of solid rubber fins, similar to the current jet fins. They are not vintage in the true sense of the word, they are probably from the 90s. I do not recognize the logo and the brand. Can anyone help with that? See attached file with picture
Best regards

Jordi Altimiras

Attachments

• logo fins.jpg
    logo fins.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 144
456556-165df1b971b85a9ad8987f5938c13583.jpg

Looks like a KMAX logo. I have the 1998-1999 catalogue of this Taiwan OEM manufacturer, which made basic underwater gear for western companies. Here is a page from the catalogue:
img622.jpg

and here is a close-up of the KMAX logo on the Victor fins above:
Kmax Logo.jpg

The details in your picture are all there in the above logo with the stylised "K" design and the capital "M" at the centre representing the KMAX brand name. And here's the back page of the catalogue with the company details:
img624.jpg

The Kama Corporation has a web presence at KAMA CORPORATION LTD. It still seems to be in the basic underwater gear business, but the products are different from the catalogue in my possession, which doesn't feature any fins resembling Jet Fins. In fact, all the fins in the catalogue are either full-foots or bodyboarding fins with fixed heelstraps.

A postscript. I have just done a search of the SB forums and I chanced upon an earlier thread about Kmax Jet Fins at what kind of fins are these?. Here are some images from that thread:
1101111546a-jpg.107120.jpg

1101111547a-jpg.107121.jpg

1101111547b-jpg.107122.jpg

So there you go, KMAX Jet Fins reviewed in an 8-year-old SB thread. Jet Fin clones are still made by OEM companies in Taiwan, such as Aropec:
A0118.jpg

The above is from the Aropec website at Fins.Taiwan diving fin manufacturers appear to swap their fin moulds amongst themselves.

It is always amazing how quickly @David Wilson can answer these types of questions.

You are just an incredible source of information.
Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom